Monday, April 30, 2012

Introducing: Component Of the Month by Paul Nolasco

Introducing: Component Of the Month by Paul Nolasco:
Component of the Month by Paul Nolasco  (aka. COMP – Simple and sensible… Besides it’s not technical enough without an acronym right?) The logo is derived from CQ changed to the color theme of a brick since components are the “bricks” (i.e. foundation) of a CQ site.
Today marks the first of the many releases from my blog. I’ve always wanted to do this ever since I’ve built my first component for CQ. The main issue that I had was building a component that doesn’t infringe the privacy of my clients. Well, to get around this I’ve decided that any component that I’ll be building for this feature will be done in a generic way. Something that can be tweak to tailor to your project’s need. Also, I’ll be sticking to common components that appears in multitudes of site. The out-of-the-box components with CQ are quite generic but some of them can be improved and some common ones are missing. I’ll be focusing on solving this problem.
Each release will have the following details:
1. Full description and usage of the component
2. How to install/configure/integrate it with your current instance.
3. Screenshots! Lots of them. (Ideally I can host the component in a public facing CQ site, unfortunately I don’t have this capability… yet…)
Notice I purposely left the discussion of the code. The reason is I don’t want this feature to be too technical. I’m hoping that in the future regular non-technical users will be able to visit my blog and pick a component install it without fuss and start using it immediately.  The full package will be available so you can easily just look at the code and figure it out on your own.
Well without further ado on my next post, the first release will be the commonly used “Horizontal Navigation“.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!