Wednesday, July 25, 2012

diy project: all-in-one summer picnic kits

diy project: all-in-one summer picnic kits:

Of all the recreational activities associated with summer, picnicking is far and away my favorite. It offers an irresistible mix of food, nature, nomadism, and efficient packaging. I should have predicted this love from the hours I spent playing Oregon Trail as child: I focused entirely on monitoring my list of  sundries and supplies and packing up my wagon, and would never try to shoot the rabbits or make any trades. Unsurprisingly, I wasn’t very good at that game.
My love of packing up supplies and heading out to parks and beaches remains to this day, so I decided to create a set of pretty picnic kits that provide your napkin, plate, and utensils all in one. I found these beautiful earth toned linens at my local fabric store, and decided to pair them with a couple fun prints, large wooden buttons, and geometric pockets. If you are planning a camping trip or have any summer gifts to give, these picnic kits are fun and easy to make, and would please any proper picnicker. Enjoy! —Kate


ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_1
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_3
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_materials
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step2
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step3
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step4
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step5
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step6
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step7
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step8
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step9
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_step_10
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_2
ds_7_25_diy_picnickits_4

Read the full how-to after the jump . . .
(more…)


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!