Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Aliens: Colonial Marines review: Xenophobia

Aliens: Colonial Marines review: Xenophobia:





This game is much less terrifying than this picture would suggest.



Sega / Gearbox




If Aliens: Colonial Marines were a Hadley's Hope-style space colony, I'd want to visit for one very specific reason. I'd arrive early, standing at the edge of a cliff on its lifeless surface, holding up red flares as I see the legendary USS Sulaco break the atmosphere, full of eager fanboys ready to play a game with tons of promise and years of troubled development behind it. Then, I would toggle my radio transmitter to a wide-space broadcast and shout to the heavens, “Do not land! Everything here is dead! Game over, man!”
Maybe it'd fall on deaf ears in a universe that favors pre-orders, but if I could warn off even a few Aliens diehards, my sacrificial slog through this game's ugly, poorly acted monotony would not be in vain.
Aliens: Colonial Marines is bad. Not “so bad it's good,” not “uneven, but with bright spots,” not “good except for awful glitches.” If it had launched in its current state alongside Doom 3 in 2004, A:CM would've been laughed out of the room for not even surpassing id's graphics engine, enemy AI, acting, or missions.

Read 18 remaining paragraphs | Comments


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!