Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Video: Nokia 808 Pureview Zoom Test

Video: Nokia 808 Pureview Zoom Test:
I got to play with a Nokia 808 Pureview at a Nokia store in Kuala Lumpur. I like shooting videos, so I checked out the zooming capabilities of the camera while recording. Video after the jump.

click thumbnail for video
You can also watch this video in HD on Youtube. Subscribe to the channel to preview the latest videos before they get published on the blog.
I wanted to show the actual footage from the 808, but I couldn’t transfer the file to my Nokia Lumia 900. Instead, the footage was shot with my Nokia Lumia 900 showing playback from the Nokia 808 Pureview.
The Nokia 808 Pureview can shoot 1080p HD videos, but since I upload all my youtube videos in 720p, I changed the settings on the 808 Pureview to shoot 720p. With this setting, you can zoom up to six times without losing quality. This sounds amazing, but seeing it action is much better. You can zoom in and out by just sliding finger up or down.
The autofocus works well, but u can also touch the screen to change focus while recording.
This is just one aspect of the Nokia 808 Pureview that’s really impressive. Most digital cameras require lenses that stick out to get this kind of zooming performance.
At the end of this clip, I focused on something really close. Take a look at the background. That blurry effect is pretty cool!
I came out of the store really impressed with the Nokia 808 Pureview. I suggest going to a store to personally check it out. If there’s none around you, I hope this video helped out a little. You might also want to check out this video for more about Pureview technology.


If you enjoyed this article, you might also like...






DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!