big workstations, like the Z1, the all-in-one every one is crazy about.
It was the HP ElitePad (nominated
for Best of Show). It's
a Windows 8 running tablet with a keyboard.
"Like the Microsoft Surface Pro," I
ask, pointing to their arch competition a few booths down. "I suppose it does
CAD?"
"Well, not exactly," HP hedges. Why would you do CAD on a tablet, they seem to
say. We have real workstations for that. Like the Z1.
Again, I have to draw my eyes off the Z1, clearly the belle of the ball, the
head turner. The ElitePad is more a cute little kitten. HP politely tells me
how the ElitePad should be used. With their proprietary RGS (remote graphics
software), the Elite Pad can interface with a workstation, duplicate its screen.
You can leave your office with the Elite Pad and show your design in the field
while running the Z1. Power and looks in the office and total portability of a
tablet.
head turner. The ElitePad is more a cute little kitten. HP politely tells me
how the ElitePad should be used. With their proprietary RGS (remote graphics
software), the Elite Pad can interface with a workstation, duplicate its screen.
You can leave your office with the Elite Pad and show your design in the field
while running the Z1. Power and looks in the office and total portability of a
tablet.
Plus, ElitePad is so cute. I sure would have like to take one home.
DIGITAL JUICE
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank's!