Thursday, November 1, 2012

Service Provider Version 3 CCIE – Rack Updates and Mock Labs

Service Provider Version 3 CCIE – Rack Updates and Mock Labs:
I’m in the process of finalizing new updates to the Service Provider CCIE racks and publishing the new hardware specification. I’m going to be using the new hardware specification for my London SPv3 Bootcamp in two weeks before releasing it to the public. I’ve already replaced the two CE 2600XMs with four 1841′s running IOS 15.1T for the CEs. This allows for additional IPv6 VRF support along with many other newer features on the CE devices. Also having 2 extra CE devices is nice.
For VPLS we now support large scale VPLS implementation by adding a four port OC3 POS card to each SDR. This is great for the bootcamps so that students can interconnect their racks. Also if someone wants rent two racks they will be able to interconnect them to test larger scale scenarios. As far as interconnections between the racks I’ve added in a backbone GigE connection between the racks so we can do BGP peering.
From my understanding we are the only training company that offers SPv3 rack rentals and workbooks much less VPLS support. Also I’m fairly sure we’re the only training company that’s offering a dedicated rack now for each SPv3 bootcamp student. I can’t verify this since I don’t have a rearview mirror but this is just what our customers are telling me ;-)
Below is the new POS interconnection diagram.

After my London SP bootcamp in three weeks I’ll publish the new hardware specification along with finalizing our new graded Service Provider Mock Labs. These new graded SP mock labs will use two full SP racks which means 4 IOS XR SDRs, 12 7200VXRs, 4 ME3400 switches, and 8 1841′s for CE devices. These labs will be fun!


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!