Monday, November 5, 2012

Mountain Lion installation on home built Fusion Drive

Mountain Lion installation on home built Fusion Drive: Inspired by an Jinx's article about building your own fusion drive I've decided to take it one step further and brew my own with full OS X installation on it.



First, I needed to put two drives in my Mac. I already had a Crucial M4 SSD and 500GB HD so I a bought hard drive caddy and put my 500GB Momentus XT in it.



That was the easy part. Now how to make them work? In Jinx's article you can read that GUI Disk Utility does not offer needed functionality. It's available only in command line version, diskutil. But from my previous installation I remembered that there is access to terminal in OS X's recovery mode.



It was downhill from there. Create a logical volume group, get the UUID and create the volume. The OS X Installer recognized the volume and installed nicely. After the whole process was over, I did tests similar to those that Jinx men ...

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!