Sunday, November 11, 2012

I’ve been a long-time fan of Geoff McFetridge. The...

I’ve been a long-time fan of Geoff McFetridge. The...:







I’ve been a long-time fan of Geoff McFetridge. The thinking behind his design and illustration work makes me think of Saul Steinberg, and his colors and shapes are akin to Matisse. His animation is wonderful, too.
This new collection of acrylic paintings is graphic and moody and and beautiful. I thought they were screen prints at first, and I’d certainly buy a screen print of most of these paintings, but as paintings they take on another layer or preciousness, being unique creations. If any of my Toronto friends can drop in on Cooper Cole Gallery and bask in their presence for me… well, don’t tell me, I’ll just be jealous.


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!