Friday, November 2, 2012

@BreneBrown on Courage

@BreneBrown on Courage:

I attended a luncheon yesterday that featured speaker, author, and researcher Brene Brown. Her newest book, called Daring Greatly helps us see the intersection between vulnerability and courage and how they are connected. Check it our here.
Her TED talk is one of the most viewed. It is called The Power of Vulnerability, check that out here.
I was struck by how Brene said that she had engineered her life to be small. I can relate and know that I have done this at times, too. And then there are moments when we play it big and we align all aspects of our lives to showcase our power and our talent.
Have you noticed how different these experiences feel? It makes me wonder why we so often go small.

  • Big feels like a ripe, juicy raspberry with fresh whip cream. Small is like a watery sugar juice box.

  • Big feels like a Fall breeze in the mountains. Small feels like a coat closet in an old house.

  • Big feels like a stand ovation. Small feels like waiting for a return phone call.


Why do we engineer our lives to be small?
It makes sense sometimes, I suppose. We need to want it. Over the last year, I have retreated a lot to focus on my health and that was and is the right thing for me. And yet, I know that I am ready for something big to happen soon. I will need to show up and act accordingly.
How 'bout you, are you ready to step into a bigger arena? If so, Brene's book might offer some inspiration for you.





DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!