Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Breaking Autodesk University 2012 News – I am Fighting a 12 Year Old…

Breaking Autodesk University 2012 News – I am Fighting a 12 Year Old…:
Yes you read the headline correctly. On Wednesday night here at Autodesk University at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas we are holding cage match style debates as we have at the IDEAS and TED where they were a hit <pun intended>. We have a referee Tom Wujec, Maurice Conti a medic to administer bandages or a shot of vodka, and a ring. I just found out at lunch I will be in a match with the 12 year old Maker extraordinaire Schuyler St, Leger. He is like a pint sized PhD who can make about anything and has been a hit on YouTube with a video on why he loves his 3D printer. http://bit.ly/RhcmCH
Schuyler presented during the main stage keynote at Autodesk University and is now an AU celebrity.
The crowd gets to vote for the winner of the rounds and being matched up with Schuyler means I am pretty much a dead man walking against a cute smart kid.
Schuyler was already taunting and punching me at lunch, taunting me on Twitter where I am @ShaanHurley and he is @DocProfSky, and we posed for a photo.
  
If you are attending Autodesk University 2012 you need to attend this event, and it won’t hurt my feelings if you root for Schuyler. There will also be other matches including Martyn Day. The entertainment is turned up to 11, so it will be absolutely a blast.
Cheers,
Shaan


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!