Saturday, September 1, 2012

Should I sign that employment contract?

Should I sign that employment contract?:
Dear Evil HR Lady,
I recently joined a young software company. I love the company, and my boss is great. The only thing that worries me is the invention agreement I’ve been asked to sign. It says that anything I create, even anything off company time and without company resources, is theirs. I’m happy to give them anything I’m paid to create, but I feel like anything I create on my own time with my own tools should be mine. How do I avoid signing something I might regret without starting off on the wrong foot with my boss?
To read the answer (which includes advice from the fabulous Donna Ballman) click here: Should I sign that employment contract?

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!