Saturday, September 29, 2012

From the Android Forums: Android security

From the Android Forums: Android security:
Android security
Twinmomma416 asks in the Android Central forums,

My contract with AT&T is up, and we are switching providers due to limited tower availability near our home. We will be switching to Sprint which does surprisingly well where we are at.
I was a BlackBerry power user who switched to iPhone two years ago. I loved it. Ease of use, all the apps, etc. ... Disappointed in the lack of customization but happy with the security of the phone and trusting the apps.
Fast forward to now and I'm rather let down by the iPhone 5 release. I was hoping for much more - bigger screen, more iOS features/customizability. I'm a big fan of Apple computers mostly because I don't have to worry about viruses and my wife downloading stuff since she is NOT a techie at all. Played with my friend's HTC Evo 4G and fell in love.
Here's my problem. I don't like what I'm reading about the susceptibility Android's platform has for keyloggers and spyware. I deal with a lot of confidential information (I work in government HR) and I cannot risk someone putting something on my phone either through an app, an email, a text, whatever, that could compromise that. I've searched for anti-keyloggers/anti spyware but I'm not finding anything that really puts my mind at ease.
I'm not interested in rooting a device, but I am interested in making sure I don't worry about these things daily. I want to go Android, but Apple's security leaves me feeling more at ease.
Thoughts from the experts here?
I should add I'm also considering the Galaxy S3

Android and app security. The two seem to get mentioned together anytime you read a title somewhere. They are a combination of terms that brings web traffic, and it's always easy to drive fans from both side into a tizzy. Let's cut the hyperbole and talk "real" for a minute or two, after the break.
(Have a question you need answered? (Preferably about Android, but we're flexible.) Hit up our Contact Page to get in touch!)
read more










DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!