Saturday, July 7, 2012

Introducing Intel Ultrabook™ – Part One

Introducing Intel Ultrabook™ – Part One:
Hi! I just joined Intel as a Software Engineering Intern and I'll be heading into my first year of graduate studies in about a week. Now, in all my years in college I have used a laptop PC. Recently, I’ve been tempted to get a MacBook Air Pro because of its light-weight and stylish look. But, since starting at Intel, I’ve been able to explore and play with an Ultrabook and it has changed my mind completely. The reason is simple: Ivy Bridge Ultrabooks are just amazing! Ultrabooks will be even more amazing when you add the touch screen capability of Window 8 later this year. Additionally, an Ultrabook comes with some other great capabilities like long battery life, light weight, instant-on and instant-connect (No more of those lengthier boot ups).

This is what an Ultrabook looks like
Now don’t get me wrong, an Ultrabook has many more features and capabilities, I haven’t just played around enough with it yet – but I will be doing so and will blog about it as I do. What I can tell immediately is that it is thin (less than an inch thick) and light weights. This really makes a difference as I now can carry my laptop anywhere and anytime. As, Linus Torvalds, Linux creator once said: “when I travel, I want to travel light. A notebook that weighs more than a kilo (about 2.2 pounds) is simply not a good thing” (Click here for the interview). As a new intern and a graduate student, I often find myself carrying a laptop from my desk to break rooms and meeting rooms, from one class to other classes and labs, while checking emails, collecting notes, and taking reports without connecting to the power since it has 7+ hours of battery life. In contrast, my old laptop did not have enough battery life and forced me to consistently work in battery-saving mode with a low brightness display and low processor power. The Ultrabook frees me from the need to stay close to wall sockets or adapters.
Well as “a soon to be” graduate student and new Ultrabook fan, the Ultrabook looks like a perfect fit for me. I’ll post more about the Ultrabooks as I start developing on it.


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!