Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ASP.NET MVC Beta and RC Upgrades - Confirm your Expectations and Version Numbers in Production Environments

ASP.NET MVC Beta and RC Upgrades - Confirm your Expectations and Version Numbers in Production Environments: I was working on an app locally using a daily build (newer than the currently released one) of ASP.NET MVC and deployed it to a host. I noticed this weird CSS issue. See how the text box on the left running on localhost is small and not styled while the one on the right running on the host is the correct width? You can click on the screenshot if you need to see more. I dug around a little and using the F12 browser developer tools (as well as good old View Source) I noticed the HTML being created was different! My local app was producing one bit of markup, then when I deployed the same app to my host I would get different markup! Here's the app's markup running locally: <input class="text-box single-line" data-val="true"...(read more)

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!