Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Can the boss force you to go home if you’re sick?

Can the boss force you to go home if you’re sick?:
Dear Evil HR Lady,
My company is about to switch over to “paid time off” (PTO) from a more traditional vacation- and sick-time policy. I’m really unhappy about the prospect of people coming into work sick and (of course!) getting me sick, as well. I know this is a very typical problem with PTO workplaces.
Can you tell me about what employees can do if they are in such a situation?
1) Can I ask my company to remove the sick person from the workplace?
2) Is the employer required to remove the sick person from the workplace, as it is now (somewhat) unsafe?
I’m a pretty healthy person, so I should gain a few bonus days because of my relatively good health. I just HATE it when people come in sick, and I know that when we convert to PTO it will be even worse.
To read the answer click here:  Can the boss force you to go home if you’re sick?
And this answer is not only from me, but has advice from an actual attorney–the fabulous Bryan Cavanaugh.

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!