Monday, April 30, 2012

Things I want to know when I coach people. #coaching

Things I want to know when I coach people. #coaching:
Thinks I want to know about the people I coach:

Drive: What’s motivating her – her driving goals?
Fascinating: What’s fun – what fascinates her?
Triggers: What causes her to be uncoacbable?
Pathways: How will she best hear what she needs to hear?
Amazing: What is her special skill(s)?
Fault lines: Where are her personal blind spots or potential derailing factors?
Try asking about these things, and sharing these things during your next coaching or mentoring conversation. It will help you help others.
And if you are not sure how to answer some of these questions yourself, well, you have some thinkin' to do....... And don't be fooled by your surface-level self-talk. Dig deeper until you uncover the real crux of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!