Friday, August 24, 2012

Please Support My Run in Memory of Friend Lost to Cancer

Please Support My Run in Memory of Friend Lost to Cancer:
Matt MillerI rarely post anything personal here, but I wanted to share this because it is important to me. A few weeks ago, I got news that my good friend Matt Miller had died due to complications from pancreatic cancer. As he had fought this illness for two and a half long years, we had not seen him in some time - we'd made attempts but he was understandably too sick and too weak to see us. Nonetheless, we still felt the loss because Matt was such a wonderful man - he was a good friend to me and my wife, a loving husband to our dear friend Sandra, a good father to his two kids and just an all around great guy, the kind everyone loved to be around. If you want to read more about Matt, you can see his obituary.
Sadly, I was unable to make his funeral in Wisconsin. However, in Matt's memory this Sunday my family and I, along with Matt's wife and son, are walking in the PurpleStride in Boston (well, I am running, they are walking) that raises money to help support the fight against pancreatic cancer. I am asking for your help in getting our team to our fundraising goal by just giving a little in support of my run. You can donate on my fundraising page. I really appreciate anything you can give. Thanks.
Donate here.

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!