Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fab Friday is Back

Fab Friday is Back:
Author Photo

After a great summer vacation, I’m back. I hope you missed me, because I missed you!



This week, there’s a couple of videos for you. First up, we have an Introduction to the Google Maps API, a webcast that I produced in collaboration with the Google I/O webinar team shortly before Google I/O. As you can tell, it has a nice, high production value. Additional plus, I got to use a teleprompter for the first time. So if you are someone who is new to the Google Maps API, or if you know someone who is, this video is a good start:







This week we also have the video of the Google Maps Developer Office Hours, part of Google Developers Live, that Paul Saxman and I did on Tuesday. We talked about the Google Places Developer Challenge and the new Symbols and Heatmap functionality built into the Google Maps API, as well as answered some questions.







And on another note, we’re getting close to 5,000 questions tagged as google-maps-api-3 on StackOverflow, and if you add in tags like google-maps-api-2, kml, and others we’re well over 5,000. I’m glad to see the SO community being so Maps friendly, with tons of great answers. So if you have any technical questions on our mapping APIs, that’s where you should head.





Posted by Mano Marks, Google Maps Developer Relations team

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!