Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Would Ride (On The Sidewalk): An R2-D2 Themed Vespa

Would Ride (On The Sidewalk): An R2-D2 Themed Vespa: r2-scooter-01.jpg

This is reader Morgan's R2-D2 themed Vespa. She did it all herself and, obviously, did a great job. You know, I modded a Vespa once. "What was the theme?" Wrecked! *waiting for laughter* Wrecked -- as in I crashed it! *crickets chirping* Come on, that one went over great with my stuffed animals.


I am a fifth grade teacher/SW nerd, and I recently converted my Vespa that I ride into work every day to look like the one and only R2. This was done with adhesive vinyl, some meticulous cutting and a 12-pack of beer. It gets a lot of looks and thumbs up, and often times while I am sitting at a stop light someone crossing the street will pause to take notice. The rear trunk is a real vintage piece and I removed the original faded travel stickers and replaced them with various retro style Star Wars art and posters that I found on the internet. Love the site, I check it everyday. I often share some of the more interesting things I see on your site with my class, content and language permitting.


Aw yeah -- sharing Geekologie in the classroom! Morgan I can officially say you deserve to be teacher of the year. No -- CENTURY. You're giving those children the exact sort of education they need to succeed in life. I spit all kinds of knowledge that kids these days just don't get at home. Somebody just told me recently that most families don't even eat dinner together anymore. It's heartbreaking really.

Hit the jump for a bunch more shots.


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!