Friday, November 16, 2012

What are the attend

What are the attend:
Dear Evil HR Lady,
I work in a small department of a very large company, and we have very strict paid-time off (PTO) rules and guidelines that I feel my manager applies to most, but not all, employees. There is an employee that has the same job title as I do, with the exact same amount of PTO days. But she has a chronic illness and is sick so often that she has been absent for twice the amount of days allotted per year. 
Her PTO time has been used for numerous vacations and numerous trips to the hospital. My manager has made it perfectly clear that he will track other employees’ PTO to the second but that her time is “untrackable.” It is obvious that she is using her illness as a “get out of jail free” card. She has been working an average of only three-and-a-half to four days per week but getting paid for five full days of work as a salaried employee for almost two years now. When I approach my manager about how this upsets other employees and how it affects the distribution of work, he denies that it is even happening and tells me that it is my perception. 
I have been tracking her time for months and I can tell you that it is most certainly not my perception. As an employee with a chronic illness, does she have the right to come and go as she pleases? What are my rights? And what is the best way for me to handle this situation?
To read the answer click here: What are the attendance rules if you’re sick?

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!