Saturday, November 17, 2012

Capturing Unhandled Exceptions in ASP.NET Web API's with ELMAH

Capturing Unhandled Exceptions in ASP.NET Web API's with ELMAH: I'm a fan of using ELMAH to track unhandled exceptions in my ASP.NET applications. If you haven't tried ELMAH , you should definitely check it out. There's even an ELMAH NuGet package so it's trivial to install. Now that I'm getting my feet wet with Web API, I'd like to have any Web API unhandled exceptions be directed to ELMAH as well so that I have a one stop shop for viewing all unhandled exceptions in my application. Without a bit of work though, this won't happen. Here's why: ELMAH records unhandled exceptions by tapping into the Application_Error event of ASP.NET applications, but when a Web API endpoint throws an unhandled exception, this event isn't triggered because the exception is intentionally...(read more)

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!