Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bits and Remainders

Bits and Remainders:
I’ve been working on an epically-long blog post on the Offline problem for something like two months now and it’s still not done. That’s not so much to tease as warn you; Frances thinks I should post it in installments. It’s that long.
Anyhow, as a result of that ever-growing design/analysis/writing hairball, I haven’t blogged when I might have. Notably, videos of some of my recent talks are now up, including my Fronteers closing talk:

Alex Russell | The Web Platform & the Process of Progress | Fronteers 2012 from Fronteers on Vimeo.
Special thanks to Peter and the Fronteers volunteers for managing to find a pink boozy cake (a culinary revelation!), simultaneously meeting my only (joke) demand as a speaker and trolling me in person. WELL PLAYED.
Also, give the rest of the excellent talks a gander over on Vimeo . Personal favorites of mine include the ever-brillaint Phil Hawksworth, Marcin Wichary’s stunning Doodles talk, Lea Verou, and Rebecca Murphey….actually, there were too many to list. Seriously, go check it out.
I also recently spoke at the London Ajax User’s Group, and video is also available (but not embeddable). Apologies for both videos including a lot of me rambling. I need to get better at this whole “public speaking” thing.
On a related note, FFJS was once again brilliant. Best one day conference going this side of the world, hands down. Congrats to Julie and Remy on a stonkingly good day.


DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!