Thursday, November 15, 2012

A double dose of Autodesk University sadness #AU2012

A double dose of Autodesk University sadness #AU2012:
AU2005_BagI have a double dose of Autodesk University sadness to report:


My favourite AU bag has worn out!


I have used my Autodesk University 2005 roller backpack almost daily since collecting it in Orlando. All those kilometres, including several further AU trips, finally took their toll and the base stitching & fabric gave way.
For the first time in years it won’t be accompanying me on the trek back to Autodesk University, for another reason.


I won't be attending Autodesk University 2012 : (


A shortage of (primarily) time and money made the trip impossible for me this year. Even with assistance it costs several thousand dollars and requires at least a week to attend AU from New Zealand. I think it is worth the investment but just couldn’t manage it this year.


Autodesk University 2010 BIMFor those attending:


Shaan has posted some brilliant advice in his “Survival Buffet” post. Also, even if you’re only taking a simple camera (or phone!) I recommend reviewing Tris Hussey's conference photo tips via this old post on my blog. One  of my favourite AU photos (right) was taken hand held, no flash, on a compact IXUS camera.

10 Tips for Autodesk University photographs ~ RobiNZ CAD Blog (2008)

Have fun at Autodesk University. I know it is full on once there but if you get a chance remember to post plenty of content for those of us not attending to follow.

Autodesk University Survival Buffet - Shaan Hurley - Between the Lines



[Robin’s comment: “I resemble one of these leapers"]

After attending every Las Vegas based Autodesk University, I have compiled a long list of tips for not only surviving but making the most of Autodesk University which will be held this year at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas November 27-29, 2012

Think of this post as a Las Vegas style food buffet of Autodesk University tips…






DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!