Monday, September 17, 2012

Making a Camera Pay For Itself | Blog

Making a Camera Pay For Itself | Blog:
How do you justify buying a Canon 5d Mk2? Not only to yourself but, most importantly, to your other half.
How about arguing that it will pay for itself. Consider an average trip to Venture Photography can set you back a couple of grand then, if you could produce something similar to what they do, you've broke even. Right?
2012-09-14 11.48.50
The three shots above I took last week on the 5d. I then tweaked them in Adobe Lightroom 4 and had my friend/neighbour who's a professional photographer and owner of a pro-grade printer print them out. Quick trip to The Range to get some cheapo frames and the job's done. Total cost 15 pounds.
The argument is flawed in our case though as we'd never go to Venture nor pay their prices. But, hey, if it helps me feel better about how much the camera cost then I'll buy it.
For me the true value is being able to look at the pictures hanging on my office wall and think "Yeah, I did that". It's amazing what quality you can get out of the 5d.
I'm not saying they're professional quality, but, I am pretty chuffed with them. Here are the images used.


Felix's "Wii" face



felix


Minnie's "Surprise" face:


minnie


Evelyn's "peekaboo" bath-time face:


evelyn
I like these three shots as they show the kids as they are. Not as they would be if told to jump around and "walk toward the camera" in a white-washed studio somewhere.
Click here to post a response

DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!