Monday, August 13, 2012

The North-South Jersey debate just got real

The North-South Jersey debate just got real:

Many have written about the North-South Jersey divide, including yours truly. Up until now most “studies” have been lighthearted, going for the amusement factor first and foremost. This is about to change with Carl Peters joining the debate.
My friend Carl Peters is a civil engineer, a planner, and a land surveyor. He went to Rutgers, and spent his entire professional career in New Jersey. Even though he grew up and still lives in Staten Island, NY (which should be part of New Jersey, but I digress), Carl has a keen interest in the North-South-(Central?) Jersey debate. What Carl also has is the expertise and determination to leave no stone unturned in his quest to resolve this issue once and for all.
Carl has begun to publish his North-South Jersey research on his website. Check out “Where am I – North Jersey, South Jersey, or Possibly even Central Jersey?” (take the poll at the bottom of the article), “The North South Central Jersey Debate – How I got interested”, and “The North/South/Central Jersey Debate – What Other Guys are Saying”. Carl assures that more installments are on the way, so check back again later.
Although I live and work in what many would call “Central Jersey” (New Brunswick), I consider myself a North Jerseyan. In my mind “North” and “South” expand until they meet; they leave no room for “Central”.



DIGITAL JUICE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!