Monday, May 7, 2012

GPP 2012 #16

GPP 2012 #16:
This was taken on the same evening as this one, and while the viewpoint is similar – they were both taken from the same section of beach near the Burj Al Arab in Dubai – the processing is quite different. For the previous shot I exaggerated the sodium light pollution creating an unnaturally 'warm' image. For this one I manually altered the white balance when I converted the RAW file. Technically then, this is the more accurate of the two, but I think I prefer the previous one.

As always, let me know what you think.

On a totally different matter: don't expect too much sense from me for the next week or so. After thirty-odd years, on and off, I've stopped smoking. I had my last cigarette just over nine days ago and I'm not in the least bit tempted to have another. I will be pleased when I finally get over the withdrawal though: at the moment I can't think straight, can't concentrate for more than a few minutes at a time, and could fall asleep at the drop of a hat.




captured
camera
lens
focal length
aperture
shutter speed
shooting mode
exposure bias
metering mode
ISO
flash
image quality
RAW converter
image editor
plugins (etc)
cropped?

8.56pm on 8/3/12

Canon 5D Mark II

EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM

35mm

f/9.0

30s

aperture priority

-1

evaluative

200

no

RAW

Camera Raw


Photoshop CS5


none

minor



ICT4PE&D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!