Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Documenting 3D Models: Part 3

Documenting 3D Models: Part 3:

In Part 2, I showed you how to create a base 2D view of a 3D model. Now it’s time to add extra views.
After you press Enter to accept the placement of your base view, you’re immediately put into projected view mode. As you move your cursor around the drawing, you see previews of the different views that will be created if you click.
image   image    image
In the image below, I clicked 3 times to create left, top, and isometric views, then pressed Enter.
image
Notice that the preview was shaded, to help identify views, but the end result is the “hidden line” style as I had selected in the previous post.
Each view is a single object, as you can see when I hover over it:
image
Here, the “Type” is Projected, because this view was generated from another view. The view is aligned, meaning that if I want to move it, I can only move it along the imaginary vertical line that connects it to its parent view. The visual style and scale from this view are inherited from the base, so if I change the base (front) style or scale, this projected view would change also.
And if I wanted to change any of that? That’ll be our topic next time.


ICT4PE&D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank's!